Covid-19 Policies & Procedures
At Eye Physicians, our highest priority is the health and safety of our patients and staff. We have put new protocols in place that align with the CDC guidelines, as well as the recommendations from the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
Some of our new safety protocols for patients include:
• Questions to screen for COVID -19 symptomatic will be asked when confirming your appointment and upon arrival to our facility.
• Patients residing in nursing homes or group homes will be seen for urgent needs only during special restricted hours when the office is closed for other patients.
• Sick patients or those with COVID-19 exposure will be rescheduled for a later date or referred to Wills Eye Hospital.
• Face coverings / masks must be worn by all in our facilities at all times (You must bring your own mask).
• Non-touchTemperature screening and COVID-19 screening questions will be performed upon entry to our offices.
• Hand sterilizer must be applied upon entry to our offices (We will supply)
• Social distancing in our waiting room and throughout the facility has been implemented with clear signs on seating.
• Patients ONLY will be allowed in our offices. NO guests please unless special patient requirements exist. Please notify our staff on appointment confirmation if a guest is being requested.
• There will be no access to restroom facilities. Please go before you go to our office!
• All equipment and exam rooms will be cleaned after/prior to each patient.
• Frequent cleaning and disinfecting will occur throughout the day.
• Our optical will provide disposable gloves to anyone trying on glasses. Any frame that is tried-on is sanitized prior to returning to the optical display.
• We will be collecting credit card information that will be kept on file through a PCI compliant provider to allow for billing of copays, deductibles and other fees to minimize contact with our clerical staff at your visit. Nothing will be charged without approval and we will not refuse to see patients for not giving this information in advance.
Some of our new safety policies for office and staff include:
• All staff has completed training on the new safety policies and infection prevention measures.
• Staff will be wearing appropriate personal protective equipment during patient encounters including masks.
• Exam rooms and equipment will be sanitized before every patient visit.
• All Eye Physicians staff will be screened daily for symptoms, fever, and exposure prior to work.